Thursday, March 22, 2007

PAPC LOCATION AND PALETTE & CHISEL "PAPC" TRANSITION

Hello again Everyone,
If you have not heard, I will not be running the group as of next week. My life has taken some turns and my schedule has gotten very busy. So I need the time to focus. But, I will still be coming out with the group from time to time. So, I am not leaving entirely. I have received so much from you all and I will never forget what I have learned from you over these last 3 years. I thank you all so very much!!! You have changed my life for the better.

With that said, Val(the President of the Palette and Chisel) offered up a great idea. The Plein Air Painters of Chicago will now be under the umbrella of the Palette and Chisel Academy of Fine Arts here in Chicago. Stuart Fullerton has stepped up and will be spear-heading the operation. Thank you Stuart!!! But, he will need some help from time to time, so please lend a hand when you can. This can be a huge undertaking so I thank Stuart, Val and Bill at the Palette for taking this on. It should be a great partnership. I look forward to see what the future holds.

Stuart will be taking over next week with the future posts, and he will keep you updated with the transition to the Palette and Chisel.

Thank you all again and I will be seeing you outside.

Scott Tallman Powers


For my last post, I wanted to go with you all to my favorite place to paint. Chinatown!!
See you there!!!

TIME: SATURDAY, MARCH 24th, 8:30am - 12:30pm.

LOCATION: CHINATOWN - CHICAGO

MEETING PLACE: PENANG'S Restaurant (on corner of
Cermak and Wentworth / directions below)

DIRECTIONS: From 94 south (edens, stay in local
lanes), get off on 18th street. You will come to a
stop light. Take a left on 18th. Go down to Clark
street and take a right. You will begin to see signs
to China Town. Go down to Cermak and take a right.
You will go under a bridge and the el train (red-line)
station. Wentworth is quickly on your left. (You will
see the large China Town arch.) Penang's is right on
the corner. If you keep going straight on Cermak, the
next block will be Princeton street and you can take a
left and try to find parking.
(WWW.MAPQUEST.COM-type in intersections - Cermak & Wentworth)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home